Day 11: Yarn-Wrapped Jars
Another easy project for decorating or for giving! I love these for the same reason I love amirugumi and the yarn garland – you can make them with the inexpensive yarn, like Red Heart brand. Seriously, yarn can be pricey, so I love projects that work with the cheap-o stuff!
I made a couple smaller mason jar candle holders, but you could also wrap bottles or other jars up and use them as vases.
All you need:
- some yarn
- jars or bottles (depending on what you are making)
- glue (optional)
All you do:
Wrap the jar the way you like!
- Do the whole thing, or just part of it.
- You can use more than one color and do stripes.
- Experiment with wrapping technique – I wanted a more natural wrap, so I just tucked in the tails. You can see that the yarn criss-crosses in some places too; it’s not a perfect wrap. If you want it to be more uniform and even, you could use glue and carefully wrap the yarn in straight lines.
- Embellish – add a little felt flower for a little something extra.
- Make a pair (that’s what I did) or a set. Wouldn’t it be cute to do a set of 5 smaller vases in complimenting colors? Yes, it would!
Check your recycle bin for bottle or jar candidates, and wrap away! I told you crafting could be super easy!
In case you missed it: