Day 10: No-Knit, No-Crochet Scarf
So when my mom came up for Thanksgiving, she said “hey, I brought along this scarf that Kathy made for me because I thought you’d like it.” And before she knew what was happening, I was taking a photo and asking how it was made.
Her co-worker Kathy made it for her, and it’s a great idea, especially if you want to make a scarf but don’t know how to crochet or knit!
You will need:
- yarn in a variety of colors/textures
- tape measure
- Cut 50 strands of yarn, each 96″ long. Mix and match colors and textures.
- Lay them all out together and knot them in the middle.
- Measure 7″ from the center knot and make another knot on either side.
- Measure 7″ from the last two knots and make another knot; repeat. You should have 7 knots total when you are done.
- Even out the ends if needed (so the sides are roughly the same length). I wouldn’t trim all the strands to the exact same length – it looks better if they are at slightly different lengths within a few inches.
Ta-da, easy knotted scarf!
In case you missed it: