Day 5: Bottle Cap Magnets
These make seriously fun Christmas gifts! I made a bunch of sets of 6 that I gifted to people a few years ago, and they were a big hit.
- scrapbook paper, small photos or magazine cut outs
- a 1″ circle paper punch
- bottle caps
- crystal lacquer or casting resin
The How To:
- Punch your paper circles.
- Glue paper circle in the inside of bottle cap.
- Once dry, apply crystal lacquer or casting resin on top of the paper.
- Once dry, flip them over and glue on magnets.
Easy! And so cute! My friend Morgan introduced me to these, and I love them so much.
Tips for success:
- Allow for sufficient dry time between steps!
- Use a light application of craft glue for the paper circles, and a stronger glue like gorilla glue for the magnet:
- Use strong magnets – I got mine at a hardware store, they were cheaper than the craft store.
- They sell bottle caps at craft stores, but if you have brewing company nearby, they may sell them there cheaper – that’s where I got mine.
- If using the crystal lacquer or casting resin scares you, they do make 1″ round clear epoxy stickers that you can just stick on them for a similar result (search for them on etsy, I think they are cheaper there than craft stores).
Now just wrap them up in a cute little box and you are good to go!
In case you missed it: